- Highways and road infrastructures such as bridges and viaducts, parking garage, culvert, etc.
- Infrastructures in a marine environment such as wharf, sea wall, jetties, piers, piles, wave breakers, marine ramps, etc.
- Structures in need of an electromagnetic neutrality like hospital’s MRI rooms, aluminum smelters, airports, manufacturing facilities’ flooring, military fittings, electrical substation, underground enclosures, etc.
- Works in corrosive environments such as tanks and reservoirs for water and wastewater applications, farms, etc.
- Works in contact with the ground such as slabs on ground, retaining walls, tunnel lining, etc.
Why Fiberglass Rebar ?
Studies on the effectiveness and durability of some rebar protection methods (increased concrete cover, high-performance concrete, cathodic protection, watertight membranes) have shown that they do not solve the corrosion problem. In some cases, it even gets accelerated.
V•ROD fiberglass rebar offers many advantages to fully eliminate the corrosion problem. In addition, lab studies and field testing have shown that V•ROD fiberglass rebar could offer a life expectancy of over a hundred years in service conditions.
A Future with Confidence
Considered a solution for the future, V•ROD fiberglass rebar is also one of confidence. This recognition is strongly associated with the qualification process and its acceptance in generally known construction codes, as well as its adoption, within their own standards, by the authorities of numerous Canadian provinces, US states, and major cities across the globe.
When Safety and Savings Go Together
The use of V•ROD fiberglass rebar provides very significant savings while increasing the user’s safety.
- Given the present value for total costs of maintenance and demolition, using V•ROD fiberglass rebar technology can represent savings of 45 to 60%.
- Given the present value of the overall life cycle cost, using V•ROD fiberglass rebar technology can represent savings of roughly 15 to 25%.
- If we add indefinite factors, such as the fragile epoxy coating that may be compromised because of its impact when installing rebar, the savings provided by using FRP increases from 15% to 30%.
- V•ROD fiberglass rebar allows the costs related to the use of expensive membranes to be eliminated.
- It is possible to use conventional concrete instead of low permeability concrete with added corrosion inhibitors.
- Reduced weight allows workers to handle more rebar at the same time and, in turn, reduces installation time.
- V•ROD fiberglass rebar is manufactured according to well-defined standards, has been approved by ISIS Canada, and is included in CSA design standards.
- Standard specifications are now available to engineering firms for the quality control of projects, including independent on-site inspection.
- Installation methods in concrete have been standardized in accordance with those of steel.
- The use of glass fiber-reinforced polymer (GFRP) has 70% less impact on human health, 85% less impact on ecosystems, and 64% less impact on climate change, and it uses 63% less resources than steel reinforcement.
V•ROD rebar does not rust, even in the harshest environments. It does not react to salt, chemical products or the alkalinity present in concrete.
V•ROD rebar does not create a thermal bridge within structures.
She is almost 4 times lighter than steel rebar. It is much easier to handle and, in most cases, one truck load will be sufficient to carry the rebar required on an entire project.
comparable to concrete
V•ROD rebar offers a level of thermal expansion comparable to concrete due to its 80% silica content.
Electric and magnetic
V•ROD rebar does not contain any metal; it will not cause any interference in contact with strong magnetic fields or when operating sensitive electronic instruments.
Superior tensile strength
V•ROD rebar produced by pultrusion offers a tensile strength that can reach more than five times that of steel.
V•ROD rebar can be delivered at the right time and in the exact quantity needed at the site. Various specifications such as the length of straight bars as well as angles and led lengths of special bent sections are prepared in the plant.